We’ve all experienced this at least once throughout our life. The ultimate killer interview question you were not expecting to be asked. We’re talking about the type of question that is not even related to your professional experience or education.
As part of the #Tate30 campaign at Tate, we spent some time last week discussing the silliest interview questions we’ve been asked in the past and all came up with random ones but we wanted to hear yours too! So last week, we shared the following question on our Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts:
“What’s the silliest interview question you’ve been asked?”
We then collated all the answers to put together a list of the top 30 silliest interview question ever asked.
Let us know which one is your favourite and do not hesitate to comment below if you have a silly interview question to add to our list. Enjoy!
1. A penguin walks through the door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?
2. How many red doors there are in London?
3. How many pound coins there are in circulation in the UK?
4. What do you do outside of work? (Is this really relevant?)
5. If you went to a fancy dress party, what would you go as?
6. If you could be a cake, what would you be and why?
7. This is not a question but we had a comment from someone who went to an interview and the interviewer chucked his phone out of the window to see what his reaction would be.
8. Tell me about your parents and their background and why they will make you successful.
9. If you were a biscuit, what kind would you be?
10. Someone said she was asked to tell a joke – here it is… “What’s ET short for?… So he can get into his little spaceship.” (She got the job).
11. If you were a vegetable, what would you be?
12. Sell me this pen!
13. You have gone back 200 years now. Sell me a computer. (Don’t you have to describe electricity first?!)
14. How many litres would you need to paint an aeroplane?
15. If you woke up and had 2,000 unread emails and could only answer 300 of them, how would you choose which ones to answer?
16. Describe the colour yellow to a blind person.
17. What’s your favourite Disney princess?
18. Is Jaffa cake a biscuit or a cake?
19. If a Hippo falls into a hole how would you get it out?
20. What dinosaur would you like to be?
21. Do you prefer to be right or be liked?
22. What’s your favourite phone brand?
23. What do you think about when you’re alone in your car?
24. What song best describe your personality?
25. Have you ever stolen a pen from work?
26. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
27. If you could be Batman or Robin, which one would you be?
28. If someone wrote a biography about you, what do you think the title should be?
29. How would you explain a database in three sentences to your eight year old nephew?
30. Can you tell a joke?
For more information on our #Tate30 campaign, please get in touch with our dedicated consultants today.
Image Source: Shutterstock